Monday, June 9, 2008

Amazing and addicting book club

www.paperbackswap.com

I have found the best website!! I am sure some of you have already discovered it, but it is new to me and I feel that it is so amazing that I should share it with everyone. It is called Paperback Swap. You can trade old books that you have and you can purchase books on this site. Basically, every book you buy is about $3.99. If you trade a book of your own then you get to pick one out for free. They have any book you could possibly imagine. The great thing about it is that you can make "wish lists," and tags. Sometimes you have to be put on a waiting list for certain books, but you can monitor where you are on the waiting list, edit etc. I have spent hours upon hours searching through the site for award winning books, books to make class sets and even books for my own reading pleasure. There is also a great feature that lets tells you the condition of the book you are viewing. Some of the books are a little more "used" than others, but everything that they sell is in at least "good" condition. I highly recommend this site for everyone to at least browse through and see the wonderful selections that they offer and if you are in the market to get rid of any of your own books, then this is a great way to do it!

2 comments:

GUNNY said...

Brilliant concept!

Thanks for sharing.

I look forward to checking it out. It's a much better option than taking used books to Half-Price Books where you can buy a pack of gum with your winnings afterward.

Unknown said...

Jennie,
Thanks for the wonderful website! I used to read all the time in high school and undergrad (too busy these days!) and I have so many books that I didn't know what to do with... now I do! How long have you been a member? Do you trade quite often?

Kelly